Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wade Phillips.....meet the real TO


Welcome back TO, it has been awhile since you last voiced your opinion about getting the ball. Everyone thought you changed, but I knew you would not let yourself down. Owens feels that he is not being used properly; he just wants the damn ball.

He feels the Cowboys best chance of winning is when he gets the ball. You can't argue that when you look at the numbers: five catches for 58 yards and no touchdowns the last two games combined. In the previous seven, he had averaged seven receptions and 123 yards per game and scored 11 touchdowns.

Owens expressed his frustration Monday:

"We got to pay attention to detail, and I'm sure the coaches will see that, I mentioned it to [receivers coach Ray Sherman]. You know it's not a matter of guys doubling and triple-teaming me. I feel like in certain situations, I can outrun coverage."
Maybe you can outrun the coverage, but can you hold on to the ball?

You want the ball? Hell Romo threw 11 balls your way last game and you ended up with only 2 catches for 37 yards and 1 drop. All 3 interceptions were thrown in your direction, granted Romo was off most of the day. So what should Dallas do? Owens has an answer:
"I think it's obvious the last two games, I haven't really moved around, I'm sure we'll go back to the drawing board and game plan and assess it. We all made some mistakes in the game."


Owens is right, they will go back to the drawing board, but it will probably be to run the ball more.

It was only a matter of time before TO came back to earth. Stay tuned for future TO blowups; it is only a matter of time.

1 comment:

EARL said...

WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING BESIDES THE CRAP COWBOYS SKINDOG OR GO START OR OWN BLOG CALLED IHEARTTHECOWBOYS.COM